The floors inside a home often reflect the homeowner’s taste and style. A floor plays a big role in making the room beautiful and functional. It endures foot traffic, weight, and many other damaging elements. Interior floors in Nashville could get old and ugly as time goes by. There are various ways you could enhance interior floors without having to max out your finances.
- Add Color with Concrete Stain – Color is always a significant element in interior design. Concrete staining Nashville floors may help enhance the look and mood of a room. It is also a great solution to discoloration or ugly stain problems. If you are more into the classic look of antiques and natural stone, an acid stain would be a good option. It creates random effects, tones, and shades. If you prefer a uniform color throughout the floor, a water-based stain is recommended.
- Refinish with a Glossy Sealer – Oftentimes, a floor looks old and boring because it has become flat and dull. A new coat of sealer will put back the shine it once had. Aside from making it look new and polished, sealers also renew the protective layer of the floor. This makes the floor more resistant to spills, scratches, impact, and abrasion. Sealers also make floors easier to clean and maintain.
- Apply a New Floor Coating – Decorative concrete resurfacing in Nashville has become such a popular solution for old concrete floors inside a home. Why? Because it provides several benefits despite the minimal installation costs. Decorative concrete Nashville solutions for interior floors include epoxy and polyurea polyaspartic coatings. Although these can be used on any interior floor, these are ideal for garage and basement floors because of their resistance to damage.
- Polish the Floor – Scrubbing and buffing the floor gives it an instant makeover. This can be done with a floor scrubber or buffer if the surface is still in tip top shape. For indoor floors with a bit of damage on the surface, grinding or sanding the surface is better. It can remove the damage, level the surface, and add a glorious shine on the floor.
- Accent with Rugs and Carpets – If you have no plans of changing your floor or altering it in any way to improve its appearance, rugs and carpets can be an alternate solution. You can choose to cover the entire floor area with carpet. Or you can just position a rug in a strategic part of the floor where it could serve its decorative purpose.