You’ve set aside the money to install a beautiful designer floor and you’re dreaming of the grand opening party. Now all you need is to finalize your plans to hire the right decorative concrete contractor. Before you just pick someone out of the phone book, take some time to do your homework. Instead of your remodeling plans turning into a nightmare, check around for a qualified company with a good reputation to save you lots of time and money. Here are a few key questions to ask when searching for the best contractor!
• How long have you been in business? You’ll want to work with a contractor with at least 3 years of experience to get a feel for the stability and quality of their work.
• Do you have a website with pictures and information about your company? Many respected contractors are proud to show “before and after” photos of their work on their website. You can also see what products and services they offer online.
• Are you a member of any trade organizations? Professional organizations are a great way to see if the contractor has received any special awards or industry-standard certifications.
• What’s your insurance coverage? Be sure that they carry general liability, workman’s compensation and automobile insurance to protect you and your property from any legal issues.
• Do you have references? Ask for 3 references from their customers in the past year.
By asking the same questions to several different decorative concrete contractors, you’ll have a better idea of which one is the best for you. Across the board, reputable companies are completely open about the quality of their work and their professional associations. If you do your research before any money is spent, you’ll be setting yourself up for success!