Concrete is a durable material but there are certain uncontrollable factors that can cause ugly damage on it, such as terrible weather conditions, high impact, improper subgrade compaction, and more. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to apply appropriate repair solutions to specific issues. There is a range of choices and each one have been tried and tested.
Concrete Repair Products & Services
There are many different types of damage so repairing a slab should involve a solution that is most appropriate for it. Here are some of the top concrete resurfacing and refinishing methods:
- Stamped Overlay – Aside from repairs, this can also be used for restoring old surfaces. Similar to concrete stamping, it involves stamps that transfer a certain pattern or design but instead of doing it on a newly poured slab, it is done over the overlay to mimic more complicated materials, such as stone, pavers, brick, and wood. This is a popular solution for a concrete driveway, patio, and other outdoor surfaces.
- Stained Concrete – If the slab only suffers from terrible discoloration or ugly stains, then a concrete stain will be a good choice. There is an acid-based and a water-based stain that adds color and shine to an old surface, effectively disguising those ugly patches of discoloration on the surface.
- Sundek Classic Texture – This is a spray-down knockdown texture that can be used on existing concrete. Just like a microtopping or stampable overlay, it is an ideal solution for minor cracks and stains, as well as a solution to slippery surfaces. The texture that this produces makes it ideal for areas that require a non-skid and slip-resistant surface, like the pool deck.
- Epoxy Flooring- For indoor floors that have cracks, pits, and scaling, a layer of epoxy coating will do very well. This barely requires any maintenance as dust and spills stay on top of the layer, and not absorbed into the material. This is perfect for garages and basements.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – This used to be applied only on commercial and industrial concretes but has become a residential favorite because it can be installed and dried in as little as a day. This probably has the highest repair cost but the material is absolutely durable, impact-resistant, and decorative.
Work with an expert concrete repair contractor! Call 615-822-7134 now!
Interested in a stamped concrete patio? Fancy a custom-stained driveway? Then Sundek of Nashville is the name to trust. We have been in the business since 1984 and, as an exclusive Sundek installer, we make sure that each product we use is applied with top quality service you would not find anywhere else. Our team of pros is experienced enough to know how to repair concrete issues and improve function.
Call or email us for all your inquiries and quote requests. Let us help you revive your concrete surfaces, be it indoor or out.